Depression - When Will It End?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am also in my mid 30s. It was so much easier to get by in my 20s. As I approach the middle of my life, I have to wonder if this is really how I want to live the rest of it. No answers here, but suffering together.

Striking

I'm not sure depression ever goes away. That can be demoralizing to think about for sure. But there are those that have found that balance where life and depression can coexist. Where depression is managed so that it no longer controls the present and future. Some will tell you that this is in fact their cure. Keep working at it, try new therapies on your own or with a therapist.

I hope we can all come out on the other of this one day soon.

I'm not sure depression ever goes away. That can be demoralizing to think about for sure. But there are those that have found that balance where life and depression can coexist. Where depression is managed so that it no longer controls the present and future. Some will tell you that this is in fact their cure. Keep working at it, try new therapies on your own or with a therapist.

That sounds terrible! ! To live with this forever? To "learn to coexist"? That

That sounds terrible! To never get passed this.. to "leran to coexist"? Thats not a worthy life for a human beeing. .

Striking

Yes. I have learned to coexist with anxiety disorder. There was a time that anxiety controlled me, but no more. The war is essentially won, but battles sometimes rage on.

But depression? I fall on the, we will need our coping skills forever, side of the coin. But others say you can choose, or fill your life until it is just a memory.

Is that terrible? I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00